Pages

May 1, 2009

Lecrae

Back in circa 1998, I was quite influenced by hip-hop artists such as Cypress Hill, Mos Def, De La Soul, Eminem etc. As the years progressed, my inclination in music gradually shifted to something more vile (haha). A few days ago, I came across a Christian reformed hip-hop artist Lecrae who gave me a fresh re-introduction to this sub-culture; I see great potentials in this man.

“that's why it's Christ in my rhymes That's why it's Christ all the time. My whole world is built around him He's the life in my lines. I refused to waste my life he's too true ta chase that ice. Here’s my gifts and time cause I'm constantly trying to be used to praise the Christ. If he's truly raised to life then this news should change your life
and by his grace you can put your faith in place that rules your days and nights” – Lecrae, from the album Rebel

1 comment:

Rebecca Willis said...

I totally agree... totally changes my views on this subculture.